Pastor Jin is currently serving as NFBC's Pastor for Youth and Young Adults. He received his bachelor's degree from DePaul University and his M.Div from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.
Get to know Pastor Jin below.
1. How might people describe you to someone visiting the church?
They might describe me as the Korean guy with a deep voice.
2. How did you end up in this role at NFBC?
I was baptized and became a member at NFBC in 2004 when I was a 21 year-old college student at DePaul University, soon after returning from a missions trip in Ohio where I felt the Gospel become real in my heart, though I had grown up going to church. During my final year in seminary in 2010, after living in the city and attending a church there for a couple years, I decided to come back and help out as the youth pastor here.
3. How long have you been serving in this kind of ministry?
Iíve been serving in ministry since 2005, but have been serving formally as a youth pastor for about a year and a half, by the grace of God.
4. What do you love most about being a pastor right now?
It has been such a blessing to be part of a community filled with many generations, allowing me to walk alongside and serve the youth, the young adults, and the first generation adults. And in so doing, I have had the joy and privilege of seeing how God has been working in their lives, in and through their circumstances, and by the grace of God, taking part in guiding them through them as well.
5. What's something interesting that people might not know or expect about you?
If the floor is clean and smooth enough, you might find me spinning around on it, attempting to breakdance. I have also been a video game nerd since the original Nintendo days, and continue to be one though I donít own any of the current gaming systems.
6. If there were a movie made about your life, which famous actor would play you?
Well, if it could be a computer-animated film, maybe a puppy/dog.
7. What's your favorite verse, chapter, or book of the Bible?
Psalm 23 has been one of my favorite chapters for a while now.